1.5 tablespoon butter
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 (16 oz) wheel of Brie
1/2 cup apple butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or prepare with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine fresh cranberries, brown sugar, and melted butter. Make sure every cranberry is coated.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into six. Spread with roughly 1 teaspoon of apple butter.
- Top the apple butter with 2-3 rectangular slices of brie.
- Place the cranberry mixture on top of the brie, pressing the cranberries softly into the cheese.
- Fold the outer edges of the puff pastry in and press with a fork. This will keep the cranberry juices from dripping out as well as the melted cheese.
- Brush the cranberries and puff pastry with beaten egg.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with fresh thyme or rosemary.