4 sweet potatoes
1 cup quinoa
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 green onions, diced
2 cups kale, broken into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or sunflower seeds
1/2 cup Decas FarmsPremium Dried Cranberries
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
zest of 2 oranges
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and place them directly on the oven rack with the bottom of the oven covered in foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fork tender.
- While they are cooking, make the filling. In a saucepan, bring the orange juice and vegetable broth to a boil. Add the quinoa and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is fluffy and the liquid is absorbed.
- sauté the green onions, kale, almonds, pine nuts and cranberries in the olive oil with a pinch of salt until the kale is soft, about 3minutes.
- Stir in the orange zest and thyme.
- When the quinoa is finished cooking, add it to the frying pan and stir until well combined.
- When the sweet potatoes are thoroughly baked, cut a 2 inch slit in the top.
- Stuff each potato with the quinoa mixture and serve.