- 1 large orange
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur, optional
- Coarsely grate orange rind.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange into a liquid measuring cup. Add enough water to make 1 cup.
- Combine the juice in a saucepan with sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and orange rind. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add cranberries. Boil gently about 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Cool; add Grand Marnier, if desired. Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.