2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
11/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbsps. unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 orange, zested
2 Tbsps. orange juice, freshly squeezed
2 cups Decas Farms Fresh Cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 4 x 8-inch bread pan.
- Whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg, butter, juice, and zest.
- Mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined. It will be thick. Fold in the cranberries.
- Press the bread dough into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, slice, and serve!