5 cups butternut squash, diced
2 ½ cups arborio rice
8 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 small-medium onion, finely chopped
3 cups borlotti beans
salt and pepper, to taste
dash nutmeg, optional
2 cups Paradise Meadow Cooking & Baking julienne cranberries
grated Pecorino cheese, optional garnish
basil or parsley, optional garnish
- Coat a large pot with olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and stir; cooking until soften.
- Stir in remaining ingredients including nutmeg, if using (exclude the garnishes)
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in Paradise Meadow Julienne cranberries. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add Pecorino cheese and herbs, as desired