Cranberry Apple Stuffing
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 10 ounces dried bread cubes
- 1 Fuji or Braeburn apple, core and chopped
- 1/2 cup Decas Farms dried cranberries
- optional up to 1/4 cup white wine or apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a skillet melt ½ the butter and cook the onion and celery over medium heat until translucent. Add the broth. Add additional butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat. Combine stuffing cubes, apples, cranberries, parsley and thyme in a medium bowl. Pout the butter and broth mixture over the bread cubes and additions. Apple cider or white wine can be added to reach desired moistness. Transfer the stuffing to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Makes 6-8 servings.