- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 large carrots, sliced long way
- 1 lb baby potatoes, whole
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Decas Farms fresh cranberries
- fresh thyme
Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees.
Season the chicken with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, fresh ground pepper (I use a mortar and pestle to ground mine) and paprika. Rub all over the chicken and set aside
Heat remaining olive oil in large oven safe skillet (12’ skillet is the perfect size for this recipe). When oil is hot place chicken parts skin side down and sauté for about 7-8 minutes. Turn chicken and sauté on the other side for another 7-8 minutes. Remove from skillet
Next add in potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic. Sauté for up to 5 minutes. Then add in chicken broth. Deglaze the pan scraping out the bottom of the pan. Push veggies to the edge of skillet creating an opening in the center for the chicken.
Arrange chicken in the center of the skillet, veggies around the edge. Top with fresh cranberries and thyme. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes on top rack (away from heat) or until internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
Remove from oven, top with more cranberries and fresh thyme. Serve
- You can cup up a whole chicken into 8 parts or buy 6-8 pieces of mixed parts or one particular chicken part you love best.
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins, Servings: 6 servings
Author: Silvia Ribas of Garden In The Kitchen