Makes: 12 Muffins
Total Time: 30 mins
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup wheat four
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup raspberries
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoon old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 425F (you'll turn it down to 350F once the muffins puff up) and spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Melt butter in a bowl and add all other wet ingredients, including almond milk mixture from step 2 and mix.
- Add wet and dry ingredients and stir the mixture, it should be lumpy at this point.
- Stir in blueberries, cranberries, and raspberries. Leave a few cranberries aside for topping.
- Pour muffin mix into prepared pan filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Distribute topping evenly among cups. Sprinkle old fashioned oats on top of crumb mixture along with a few fresh cranberries.
- Place in the 425F oven and bake until perfect muffin tops form or for about 8-10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 350F and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.