1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
3 egg yolks
4 cups cup-for-cup gluten-free flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Cranberry-Orange Julienne Cooking & Baking cranberries, soaked in warm water for 1 hour and drained
2 oranges, zested
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Additional gluten-free flour for kneading
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch round deep cake pan, panettone mold, or deep loaf pan.
- In a mixer, use the blade attachment to cream the butter with the eggs and egg yolks until pale yellow, 4-6 minutes.
- Replace the beater with the dough hook attachment and add half of the flour with the mixer on low. Add half the milk and mix for 1 minute. Alternate the remaining flour followed by the remaining milk. Add all of the sugar and mix well.
- Continue mixing with the dough hook until the dough becomes dry enough to handle. Generously sprinkle additional gluten-free flour on a smooth counter surface. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and sprinkle with the Cranberry-Orange Julienne Cooking & Baking cranberries, orange zest, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Knead by hand for 5 to 10 minutes, sprinkling with flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking to the counter.
- Place the dough in the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes for the cake pan or panettone mold, 50-65 minutes for the loaf pan, or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. The top will be cracked and golden. If using a loaf pan, cover the top with tinfoil after 40 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Remove from the oven, invert onto a rack and cool. Slice to serve.